In the previous meta post, I said it didn't make sense to create a tag encompassing leagues as:
- that type of question (financial/contract issues) is best served separately
- that type of question wasn't primarily about the leagues, but primarily about financial/contract issues (and it was pointed out in one question that the structure is very different between two leagues, thus the request to ask the question separately)
After the discussion in chat, I do realize that such a tag is reasonable and although some questions are best served separately, some questions can be best served in combination if it is about the same topic. I suggested major-leagues for major North American leagues and professional for professional leagues in general.
Here are the questions that would be affected by this suggested change:
- Teams in North American leagues that won their first game ever?
- Can a Hall of Fame player come out of retirement and play again
- Which teams has won the most titles in the four major American Sports?
- Is it possible to purchase another teams draft pick?
- Has a college team ever played against a professional team?
- Why are American teams always named in a certain format?
- What is the legal basis for fining players for out-of-game actions?
- How many times have major league teams won a championship after winning 4 Game 7s?
- How often do 0-0 scores at the completion of regulation occur in major sports?
- Additional questions not tagged with the leagues, but might apply as well
How do we tag questions encompassing multiple leagues?