Retired producer of safety-critical software. Erstwhile contributor to ISO programming standards
Internet user since 1982 - the days of 300bd dialup.
Now travels about in an old VW campervan seeking enlightenment
and all those experiences I never had time for when working.
I'm not online as often as I used to be, but I still visit SE almost every day.
- English Language & Usage 12.5k 12.5k 1818 gold badges4141 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 7.9k 7.9k 1010 gold badges3333 silver badges4646 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing♦ 7.4k 7.4k 33 gold badges3535 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 4.1k 4.1k 66 gold badges3232 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Super User 3.2k 3.2k 1010 gold badges2525 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 135 What does the line "So long and thanks for all the fish!" mean?
- 83 Why can we say 'an American' but not 'a British'?
- 72 What is a word for annoying behavior which decreases enjoyment for the other players in a game?
- 65 Derogatory word, describing person (a pupil) who memorizes instead of learning?
- 53 Why were aliens allowed to visit Earth?
- 53 What does "meat" mean?
- 51 Could you see what you are typing in a Teletype?
- View more network posts →