It seems to me (and I admit, I may be wrong) that a large percentage of our questions are what I would call 'bar bet' questions. Some examples would be:
- How many goalkeepers scored goals in the old First Division?
- How many Africans have won the UEFA Champions League?
- What NBA players have won both Defensive Player of the Year and Most Valuable Player?
- Footballers with most free kicks scored
- What is the longest streak of a team being in playoffs, and what is the current ongoing streak?
- How many bunt home runs has there been in the history of MLB?
There are and have been many, many, MANY others of this type. Of them, a large percentage are related to Football (soccer). They are mostly all relatively simple record book look ups.
There is nothing in [help/on-topic] or [help/dont-ask] either specifically allowing, or denying them, but within the Some kinds of questions to NOT ask is Requests for sources/research which these implicitly are (research).
Do we want to continue to embrace these types of questions?